Learn More About Our Case Results
- $500,000 Trip-n-Fall – pre-suit. Client tripped and fell at a large warehouse, suffering a broken orbital bone and large gash on forehead. Insurance company initially denied liability and said they would not pay. Sent demand after requesting video of the fall. They accepted our demand for $500,000.00.
- $450,000 Truck Case, Concussion and Soft Tissue Injuries. Litigated trucking case where client suffered a bad concussion. As a result of his concussion, his pre-existing mental issues were worsened, causing him daily difficulty with tasks. They offered $100,000 pre-suit. After suit and our efforts, we settled for $450,000.
- $165,000 Broken Ankle Case: Client was visiting a friend at a run down housing development. The property was not well lit, flooded when it rained, and was generally unkept. Client tripped and fell in a mudhole, breaking his ankle. He needed surgery and rehab. We settled the case without filing a suit for $165,000.00.
- $300,000 Car Flip Over Case. Client’s daughter was in a flip-over car accident. Despite the horrendous nature of the crash, the client survived with only a fractured vertebrae and reasonable treatment and bills. Despite this, we formulated a plan to show future life care needed based on the back injury, and that it was “likely” she would need more money in the future. Settled the case for $300,000.
- $95,000 Dog Bite Case. Client’s dog was attacked by a neighbor dog, killing the client’s pet. In the process, the client was knocked over and hurt. While Georgia Law does not allow pain and suffering for the loss of a pet, we were able to creatively merge the dog bite claim with the “property loss” claim to achieve a higher-than-usual result of $95,000.
- $375,000 Police Chase Case. Client was on his way home from work when a county deputy, pursuing a felon, disregarded pursuit protocols. This cause him to attempt a PIT maneuver when it was not safe to do so, causing a collision with my client. Client suffered blood in his eyes (which dissipated) and a Grade III concussion. We knew it would be difficult to defeat “sovereign immunity” for state-responsible torts, but still achieved a settlement of $375,000.00.
- $350,000 Broken Ankle Case. Client was hit in a T-Bone collision, causing a bad break of her ankle, requiring surgery. Discovered extra insurance coverage through relative’s policies, and achieved a settlement value of $350,000.00.
- 5 year old client bitten in face by a dog owned and maintained by a pet adoption agency. JVM Law investigated and discovered the dog had been returned to the agency for bitting another child, and knew the dog could not be around children. Agency originally offered $10,000. After suing the agency and conducting discovery, JVM Law secured a settlement in the amount of $96,000 for the child. With a structured annuity, the child will receive over $100,000 by the time he is 30 years old to help him with college and other expenses.
- Client injured in a motorcycle accident and sent to the hospital. Client hired my firm, and I got the insurance company to pay him the limits of their policy within 45 days.
- Client injured in head on collision. Insurance company was offering very little money. Client retained The Law Office of Jordan K. Van Matre, P.C., and we strategically worked the case to obtain the maximum results — winning the limits of the insured’s policy $50,000.00.
- Client was T-boned in an accident. All soft-tissue injuries to her back. Client complained of persistent pain and suffering despite good faith treatment efforts. Obtained settlement of $225,000.00.
- Client injured in head on collision. Insurance company offered them $5,000 to cover their out-of-pocket costs. Client called Jordan Van Matre, and client received a settlement of $50,000.00.
- Client injured in automobile accident and sustained a broken leg. Client not happy with pace of present law firm handling client’s case. Client came to The Law Office of Jordan K. Van Matre, P.C., and had a favorable policy-limits settlement within 60 days.
- Husband and wife involved in car accident and sustained soft-tissue injuries. Both husband and wife complained of back and neck pain, and pain from a fractured tooth. Obtained total settlement of $47,000.00.
- Two clients injured in the same accident, where they were rear ended while driving in a large commercial truck. Client’s were injured as their bodies and head was jostled about the inside of the cabin, hitting the hard metal surface. Total settlement of $47,000.00.
- Client was injured when a distracted motorist careened into him while he was riding his bike. Client suffered a broken knee and a DVT blood clot, without anymore serious injuries. Favorably settled case for client and obtained $30,000.00, plus the cost to repair his bike.
- Client involved in a T-bone collision. Soft tissue injuries to neck, back, and shoulder. Therapeutic treatment, no surgery required. $225,000.00 settlement.
- Client injured by a tractor trailer. Broken thumb, head lacerations, and soft-tissue injuries to neck, back, and spine. Therapeutic treatment, but no surgery required. $200,000 settlement.
- Client charged with robbery. Facing 20 years with 10 to serve. Result: reduced charge, small fine, 60 days in jail and probation.
- 2 separate clients each charged with aggravated child molestation and/or rape. Filed strategic procedural motions and got the first indictments dismissed.
- Charge: Battery, Family violence. Result: case dismissed.
- Charge: Sexual battery. Result: case dismissed.
- Charge: Child abandonment resulting from litigious mother. Result: case dismissed.
- Charge: Aggravated assault, facing 20 years in prison. Result: Three years probation and first offender status.
- Charge: Eight counts of aggravated assault, facing 160 years in prison. Result: Six of eight counts dismissed in magistrate court. Remaining two counts dismissed without indictment.
- Charge: Possession of six pounds of marijuana. Result: Probation with weekends in jail, and a small fine.
- Removal from Sex Offender Registry: Client convicted of minor sex-related crime in his youth. Filed petition to remove him from the sex offender registry. Result: Petition granted without ever having to go to court.
- Client charged with drug charges after conducting an inventory and impound search of client’s car subsequent to a traffic accident. Filed a motion to suppress alleging violations of the Fourth Amendment right against unreasonable search and seizure, and successfully got the felony drug cases dismissed.
- Older client with impeccable record was wrongfully accused of a heinous crime — specifically sex allegations. We were able to research the case law thoroughly and tailor our cross-examination questions at the preliminary hearing, and were able to get the charges dismissed without indictment.
- Client falsely accused of DUI with no supporting evidence. Was arrested and charged anyway. I had one conversation with the prosecutor. Result: Case dismissed.
- Client charged with two DUI’s within a week. Result, one DUI reduced, the other DUI resulted in plea with rehab and probation.
- TPO taken against my client by estranged wife: Result: dismissed
- TPO taken against my client from angry co-workers: Result: dismissed
- TPO taken against my client on false allegations: Result: TPO granted against the opposing party.
- Child Custody: Mother made false allegations of sexual misconduct. Result: Criminal charges dropped without arrest; client obtained emergency and temporary custody of children.
- Fed Ex CDL Driver wrongfully ticketed. Job was on the line. Result: ticket dismissed.
***Results vary and are not guaranteed. Each case is different. Attorney cannot make guarantees or promises of similar results.