Learn More About Our Case Results
- 5 year old client bitten in face by a dog owned and maintained by a pet adoption agency. JVM Law investigated and discovered the dog had been returned to the agency for bitting another child, and knew the dog could not be around children. Agency originally offered $10,000. After suing the agency and conducting discovery, JVM Law secured a settlement in the amount of $96,000 for the child. With a structured annuity, the child will receive over $100,000 by the time he is 30 years old to help him with college and other expenses.
- Client injured in a motorcycle accident and sent to the hospital. Client hired my firm, and I got the insurance company to pay him the limits of their policy within 45 days.
- Client injured in head on collision. Insurance company was offering very little money. Client retained The Law Office of Jordan K. Van Matre, P.C., and we strategically worked the case to obtain the maximum results — winning the limits of the insured’s policy $50,000.00.
- Client was T-boned in an accident. All soft-tissue injuries to her back. Client complained of persistent pain and suffering despite good faith treatment efforts. Obtained settlement of $225,000.00.
- Client injured in head on collision. Insurance company offered them $5,000 to cover their out-of-pocket costs. Client called Jordan Van Matre, and client received a settlement of $50,000.00.
- Client injured in automobile accident and sustained a broken leg. Client not happy with pace of present law firm handling client’s case. Client came to The Law Office of Jordan K. Van Matre, P.C., and had a favorable policy-limits settlement within 60 days.
- Husband and wife involved in car accident and sustained soft-tissue injuries. Both husband and wife complained of back and neck pain, and pain from a fractured tooth. Obtained total settlement of $47,000.00.
- Two clients injured in the same accident, where they were rear ended while driving in a large commercial truck. Client’s were injured as their bodies and head was jostled about the inside of the cabin, hitting the hard metal surface. Total settlement of $47,000.00.
- Client was injured when a distracted motorist careened into him while he was riding his bike. Client suffered a broken knee and a DVT blood clot, without anymore serious injuries. Favorably settled case for client and obtained $30,000.00, plus the cost to repair his bike.
- Client involved in a T-bone collision. Soft tissue injuries to neck, back, and shoulder. Therapeutic treatment, no surgery required. $225,000.00 settlement.
- Client injured by a tractor trailer. Broken thumb, head lacerations, and soft-tissue injuries to neck, back, and spine. Therapeutic treatment, but no surgery required. $200,000 settlement.
- Client charged with robbery. Facing 20 years with 10 to serve. Result: reduced charge, small fine, 60 days in jail and probation.
- 2 separate clients each charged with aggravated child molestation and/or rape. Filed strategic procedural motions and got the first indictments dismissed.
- Charge: Battery, Family violence. Result: case dismissed.
- Charge: Sexual battery. Result: case dismissed.
- Charge: Child abandonment resulting from litigious mother. Result: case dismissed.
- Charge: Aggravated assault, facing 20 years in prison. Result: Three years probation and first offender status.
- Charge: Eight counts of aggravated assault, facing 160 years in prison. Result: Six of eight counts dismissed in magistrate court. Remaining two counts dismissed without indictment.
- Charge: Possession of six pounds of marijuana. Result: Probation with weekends in jail, and a small fine.
- Removal from Sex Offender Registry: Client convicted of minor sex-related crime in his youth. Filed petition to remove him from the sex offender registry. Result: Petition granted without ever having to go to court.
- Client charged with drug charges after conducting an inventory and impound search of client’s car subsequent to a traffic accident. Filed a motion to suppress alleging violations of the Fourth Amendment right against unreasonable search and seizure, and successfully got the felony drug cases dismissed.
- Older client with impeccable record was wrongfully accused of a heinous crime — specifically sex allegations. We were able to research the case law thoroughly and tailor our cross-examination questions at the preliminary hearing, and were able to get the charges dismissed without indictment.
- Client falsely accused of DUI with no supporting evidence. Was arrested and charged anyway. I had one conversation with the prosecutor. Result: Case dismissed.
- Client charged with two DUI’s within a week. Result, one DUI reduced, the other DUI resulted in plea with rehab and probation.
- TPO taken against my client by estranged wife: Result: dismissed
- TPO taken against my client from angry co-workers: Result: dismissed
- TPO taken against my client on false allegations: Result: TPO granted against the opposing party.
- Child Custody: Mother made false allegations of sexual misconduct. Result: Criminal charges dropped without arrest; client obtained emergency and temporary custody of children.
Business And General Litigation
- Landlord retained my firm to assist them with evicting a tenant who was in bankruptcy. Result: bankruptcy case did not affect state law eviction procedures as originally contemplated. Tenant evicted and clients repossessed the property.
- Landlord retained my firm to assist him with a tenant who repeatedly filed bankruptcy over and over to avoid eviction. Result: tenant no longer allowed to file bankruptcies, and evicted.
- Fed Ex CDL Driver wrongfully ticketed. Job was on the line. Result: ticket dismissed.
- Debtor threatened with foreclosure. Result: Confirmed Chapter 13 Plan, and was able to save home.
- Debtor under threat of having personal property seized and levied by creditors. Filed Chapter 7. Result: debtor discharged from all liability to all creditors — debt free.
- Adversary Proceeding. Debtor sued in bankruptcy to allege money was obtained fraudulently. Result: case dismissed.
***Results vary and are not guaranteed. Each case is different. Attorney cannot make guarantees or promises of similar results.